Location, Location, Location!
The city of Somerville is located 3.4 miles directly northwest of Boston, a commuter’s dream! Drivers can connect with the McGrath Highway or Interstate 93, as both pass right through the city. The MBTA also offers direct access to the Boston or points north, via rapid transit trains and 15 different bus routes, with additional rail service available nearby. This is a popular walking and biking city, as well. Walking on the Somerville Community Path you’ll find grass, trees, a community garden and convenient connections to nearby shops and restaurants.
Somerville has history dating back to 1842 which you will see in some of the neighborhood architecture, but it has also embraced a modern vibe. the Assembly Row District which offers upscale shops, hip restaurants and apartments with amazing views of the Mystic River.
- Somerville Population: 75,754
- Square Miles: 4.2
- 2016 Average Home Price: Single Family $827,000; Condo $635,000; Multi-Family $957,000
- 2016 Median Income, with Children: $66,866
- 2017 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $11.67
- Average High School SAT: 1,343
Things to See and Do
- Assembly Row
- Brooklyn Boulders
- Somerville Theatre
- Winter Farmers Market
- The Museum of Bad Art
- Sacco’s Bowl Haven
- Somerville Brewing Company
- Davis Square
- Union Square
- Highland Kitchen – 150 Highland Ave
- Posto – 187 Elm Street
- Anna’s Taqueria – 236 Elm Street
- Mr. Crepe – 51 Davis Square
- Snappy Ramen – 420 Highland
- Taipei Tokyo Cafe – 7 Holland Street
- Oath Craft Pizza – 280 Elm Street
- Boston Burger Company – 37 Davis Square
- Daves Fresh Pasta– 572 Boston Ave
- Union Square Donuts – 20 Bow Street
- Sound Bites – 704 Broadway
- The Painted Burro – 219 Elm Street
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Somerville, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, VP, CRS
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage